What is Moissanite?
Moissanite is a type of gem that is much less expensive than diamond.
What is Moissanite? Moissanite is a type of gem that is much less expensive than diamond. It was created in 1893 by Charles Goodyear and Chester Beatty, and it is made up of silicon and oxygen atoms. Unlike diamonds, which are made up of carbon atoms, moissanite contains no nitrogen atoms. This makes it a very stable gemstone and has led to its popularity as an alternative to diamond.
What are the top differences between moissanite and diamond? Diamond is often considered to be the best stone for jewelry because of its high purity (more than 99.5% pure) and longevity. However, moissanite has several advantages over man made diamonds UK, including its lower cost and the fact that it does not require special care, such as regular cleaning, to maintain its shine.
Moissanite has also been compared to diamonds in terms of color. Both gems are available in a wide range of colors, from pale pink to deep purple. Some people believe that moissanite’s more diverse color range makes it more attractive than diamonds.
When it comes to diamonds, there are a few different types that are the most prominent. The two most common types of diamonds are Carat and TFree. Carat is the most common size, and a diamond is measured in carats. TFree diamonds, on the other hand, are smaller than carat diamonds and are not graded.
Moissanite is a type of diamond that was first developed in 1945. It is currently the fifth most popular diamond variety after white, yellow, brown, and pink diamonds. Moissanite is less expensive than other varieties of diamonds, but it doesn’t compare to the quality of a diamond when it comes to color and clarity.
The main difference between diamond and moissanite is that diamond is made from carbon while moissanite is made from silicon carbide. Silicon carbide is a more durable material than carbon, which means that moissanites can last longer without deteriorating. Another difference between diamond and moissanite is that diamond has a higher luster than moissanite.
While diamond might be the reigning king when it comes to price per carat, moissanite might be a better alternative for some people because of its lower price and greater durability.
5 Reasons Why Diamond is Better than Moissanite
Diamond is a classic and timeless choice for jewelry, whereas moissanite is a recent innovation with many potential advantages. Here are the top five reasons why diamond is better than moissanite:
1. Diamond is tougher than moissanite. Diamond is more resistant to scratches and fractures, making it the perfect choice for high-value jewelry such as rings, necklaces, and earrings.
2. Diamond hasn’t been extensively recycled yet, so it has a smaller carbon footprint when compared to moissanite.
3. Diamonds don’t lose their color over time like moissanite does. In fact, diamond retains its color over hundreds of years, whereas moissanite usually starts to turn dull over time.
4. Diamond doesn’t suffer from “in-house” problems like those that can occur with moissanite when it’s cut or polished improperly – diamond retains its sparkle and luster even after being treated roughly.
5. Moissanite can occasionally have fluorescence (a faint green or blue shine) when light hits it at just the right angle, but this trait isn’t common and usually goes away after being worn for a while.